Packing your things to relocate to the UK, alongside a busy work schedule, can be a trying experience. With some forward planning, however, it doesn’t have to be – Here are some tips to help you plan and pack for your move!
- Start as far in advance as possible – Packing your things for a big move may take longer than you first expect.
- Make lists of the priority items or treasured possessions which you plan to bring with you to the UK.
- Check if there are any restrictions on what you can bring over to the UK.
- Be sure to pack any important documents that you may need, such as birth & marriage certificates, and keep them in a secure place during the move.
- When packing, clearly label your boxes and mark any containing fragile items; valuables will need to be carefully wrapped, so allow time to do this. Tape and bubble wrap can help protect your valuable possessions.
- Check that your boxes are well-taped and that the shipping address on them is correct.
- Pack an ‘essentials’ kit. This may include toiletries or medications, for example.
- Check that your insurance covers damage and breakages during the move.
If you’re relocating to the UK and looking for guidance on renting and furnishing a property here, visit our ‘Life in the UK’ blog section.