- Travelling to England
- Travelling to Scotland
- Travelling to Wales
- Travelling to Northern Ireland
- Travelling to the UK from a ‘red list’ country
Travelling to England
From 17 May, the rules for people arriving in England from abroad are changing.
What you need to do depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. If you have been in a country or territory on the:
- green list – you must take a COVID-19 test on day 2
- amber list – you must quarantine in the place you’re staying and take 2 COVID-19 tests
- red list – you must quarantine in a hotel and take 2 COVID-19 tests
Until 17 May, you must follow the current testing and quarantine rules. To read about the current testing and quarantine rules, click here.
Travelling to Scotland
Information for people returning to or arriving in Scotland, including information about how to quarantine (either in managed self-isolation or when self-isolating at your accommodation), can be found here.
Travelling to Wales
Details about the isolation requirements when you arrive in Wales can be found here.
Travelling to Northern Ireland
The rules for entering or returning to Northern Ireland can be found here.
Travelling to the UK from a ‘red list’ country
If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK.
Everyone allowed to enter England who has visited or passed through a country on the ‘red list’ in the last 10 days must:
- quarantine for 10 full days in a managed quarantine hotel – the day of arrival in England counts as day 0
- take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of quarantining
- follow the national restrictions
You must book your managed quarantine hotel prior to leaving for the UK. Your quarantine package will include:
- Your managed quarantine hotel
- Quarantine transport
- Your travel test package for COVID-19 tests on day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
You can only book your managed quarantine hotel within a 14-day window before arrival. You cannot book it any further in advance.
|Rate for 1 adult in 1 room for 10 days (11 nights)||£1,750|
|Additional rate for 1 adult (or child over 11)||£650|
|Additional rate for a child aged 5 to 11||£325|
Disclaimer: This information has been gathered from: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control – All information was correct at the time of writing.