Travelling to England
If you’re travelling to England, what you need to do depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. The below links will provide you with the latest rules and quarantine information for countries and territories on the red, amber and green lists:
Before you travel to England you must:
- take a COVID-19 test – you must take the test in the 3 days before you travel to England
- book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete a passenger locator form
On arrival in England:
- After arrival in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
- Children aged 4 and under do not need to take this test.
- If you will be in England for less than 2 days you still need to book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test. You only need to take the test if you are still in England on day 2.
- You must quarantine if NHS Test & Trace informs you that you travelled to England with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
To find all of the latest quarantine rules for returning from a green list country, click here.
Amber list rules differ for those who are fully vaccinated and for those who are not fully vaccinated. The rules for those who are fully vaccinated only apply if you have been vaccinated under one of the following programmes:
- UK vaccination programme, approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- UK vaccine programme overseas, approved by the MHRA
- an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA – not all are recognised in England
To find all of the latest quarantine rules for returning from an amber list country, click here.
Travelling to the UK from a ‘red list’ country
If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK.
Everyone allowed to enter England who has visited or passed through a country on the ‘red list’ in the last 10 days must:
- quarantine for 10 full days in a managed quarantine hotel – the day of arrival in England counts as day 0
- take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of quarantining
You must book your managed quarantine hotel prior to leaving for the UK. Your quarantine package will include:
- Your managed quarantine hotel
- Quarantine transport
- Your travel test package for COVID-19 tests on day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
You can only book your managed quarantine hotel within a 14-day window before arrival. You cannot book it any further in advance.
|Rate for 1 adult in 1 room for 10 days (11 nights)||£2,285|
|Additional rate for 1 adult (or child over 11)||£1,430|
|Additional rate for a child aged 5 to 11||£325|
To find all of the latest quarantine rules for returning from a red list country, click here.
Travelling to Scotland
Information for people returning to or arriving in Scotland, including information about how to quarantine (either in managed self-isolation or when self-isolating at your accommodation), can be found here.
Travelling to Wales
Details about the isolation requirements when you arrive in Wales can be found here.
Travelling to Northern Ireland
The rules for entering or returning to Northern Ireland can be found here.
Disclaimer: This information has been gathered from: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control – All information was correct at the time of writing.