Visas and Immigration

What is a Certificate of Sponsorship?

Once a hospital have made an offer of employment to a doctor who requires visa sponsorship, they will need to apply for and assign that individual a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).

What is a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?

If you’re a doctor who requires visa sponsorship to work in the UK, and you’ve received a job offer from a UK hospital, then the hospital who have offered you a job will need to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from the home office.

A Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is an electronic document that will hold your personal details and information about the job that you’ve been offered.

Once the CoS has been granted, the hospital will assign this to you and you’ll be given a CoS number.

You cannot submit your visa application without a CoS and you can only use your CoS reference number once. 

What happens once I have a CoS?

Once you’ve received your CoS number from the hospital, you can begin your visa application. You must make your visa application within 3 months of receiving your CoS. 

To read more about making a Skilled Worker visa application, click here.

If you’re interested in working in the UK and would like to discuss the positions available in your specialty, and how we can assist you, please contact our team.