An article with information on how to book your English language test and where to find details of the OET and IELTS locations & dates.
Where can I take the OET?
The OET is available in three different delivery modes:
- OET on paper at a test venue
- OET on computer at a test venue (the same test but on computer)
- OET@Home (the same test but on computer in your own home).
There are test venues in 46 countries. To view the list of countries where you can take the OET, and the details of the venues in each country, click here.
- To view the OET 2021 test dates, click here.
- To view the OET 2021 test dates for the Americas Region, click here.
To look at the test dates and details for each specific country, click here and select the country that you would like to view.
For details about the OET at home, click here.
The OET is $587 AUD (circa £330). There is a currency converter on this page of the OET website.
Booking the OET
Prior to booking your OET, you should:
- Check the venue capacity by clicking here.
- Read the OET terms and conditions and the OET Test Regulations
What you’ll need to book your OET:
- a credit card or payment details
- a digital passport photo (Photo ID guidelines can be found here)
- your identification document
To book your OET, register or login here.
2021 bookings for the OET@Home will open early in 2021. For all of the information regarding the OET at home and to stay updated with their test dates, click here.
Where can I take the IELTS?
IELTS can be taken on paper or computer in over 140 countries across the globe (with over 1,600 locations available).
- To find details of the test locations, click here.
- To view a list of the locations where the computer-delivered IELTS can be taken, click here.
Note that doctors wanting to register with the General Medical Council must take the Academic version of the IELTS examination.
IELTS Academic and General Training is £195 (this may vary depending on location).
Booking the IELTS
2) Register for your IELTS test
You can register and pay online or download an application form to print, complete and submit to your local test centre.
3) Once your application has been processed, the centre will send you a written confirmation of the date and time of your test. The Speaking and Writing tests typically take place on the same day. If this is not possible, the tests will take place within seven days of each other.
If you’re an IMG looking to register with the GMC and find a post in the UK, contact our team today to discuss your plans further and how we can help.